As an Albion Warehouse Operative/Dispatch Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining an organised and tidy warehouse, so we can maintain maximum efficiency and a safe working environment. It is a physically demanding and fast-paced role, contributing to the replenishment of the warehouse – ready for the night team to pick the orders!
You’ll be working 40 hours a week, across 5 days – including weekends.
Starting at 4am, initially you will ensure the accurate loading of stock onto our vans and lorries alongside maintaining a clean and tidy working environment – both inside the warehouse and outside in the yard. The second portion of the shift, from 8am, you will assume the role of a warehouse operative. Maneuvering stock to its designated area and picking items as needed. We use a combination of counterbalance and flexi forklift, but experience isn’t necessary as training will be provided!
Working closely with our Warehouse and Transport Supervisors, you will contribute to the efficiency of the morning operation. This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get their deliveries as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure the drivers pick up the correct stock from one of our warehouses, minimising the ‘shorts’ and ‘not on van’ errors
• Actively contributing to the efficiency of the morning operation
• Maintaining a clean, organised, and tidy working environment both in the warehouse and yard – clearing away cardboard and debris as you go
• Moving stock around, stacking shelves and general warehouse duties
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Great team player who works hard, to ensure we hit targets and achieve results
• This is a time critical role, so therefore great time management skills are essential
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of £22,000
• 26 days annual leave
• Free parking permit for town centre location
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
Our Mission is to provide chefs with a great service and great produce, with less hassle
Our Produce of over 4000 products and an ever-expanding range
Our Fleet of 50+ 3.5T and 7.5T refrigerated vehicles, with more on the way!