It’s an exciting time for a member of the warehouse team, they are off to travel the world! So, we’re looking for a hard-working, driven, and enthusiastic warehouse operative to take his place… interested? Find out more!
We run a 24/7 operation and our Warehouse Operatives on the day shift are our replenishment team. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and your job will be to ensure the shelves in the warehouse are fully stocked, ready for the night team to pick the orders. It is a physically demanding role, where teamwork is vital. We use a combination of counterbalance and flexi forklift, but experience isn’t necessary as training will be provided!
You'll be working 40 hours a week, normally working 8am-5pm - including some weekend availability.
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get the right orders, as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Moving stock around, stacking shelves, and general warehouse duties - in both the ambient and chilled environments as required (full PPE provided)
• Unloading of delivery vehicles from external suppliers, and moving to the allocated bays in the warehouse
• Maintaining a clean, tidy, and organised work environment
• Ensuring accurate stock levels and conducting stock counts as required
• Rotating stock, in particular date sensitive products to ensure minimal waste
• Compliance with company Health & Safety requirements
• As this role is very demanding, experience in working in a warehouse (chilled and frozen environments is preferred)
• Good communication and listening skills
• Great team player who works hard, to ensure we hit targets and achieve results
• Planning and organizational skills, with good time-management
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
• Problem solver, with a desire to succeed and hit targets
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of £22,984 per annum
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• Free parking
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
• Our Mission – to provide chefs with great service, great produce and less hassle
• Our Produce – we have over 4,000 products and a range that is always growing. We stock; dairy, frozen, dry goods chilled non-food and some quirky specialist items too
• Our Fleet – We don’t use agency drivers so our clients will see the same regular faces doing the deliveries daily and we always aim to deliver at a time convenient to them.