Do you have strong leadership skills and experience in Transport?
We are looking for an experienced Transport Supervisor to work alongside the Transport team, ensuring the safe and efficient day to day running of the busy department and to certify that all drivers are following our daily processes. Our Transport team consists of the Transport Manager, 4 Transport Supervisors and 80 drivers, it’s a busy team and it just keeps growing!
We’ve got exciting times ahead; Albion Fine Foods has grown rapidly in the last 12 months with more growth to come. We’ve outgrown our warehouse in Tonbridge and will be moving to a brand-new one in Dartford, three times the size of our current site! We’re looking ahead to the future and are recruiting drivers to ensure our customer orders are fulfilled and delivered, whilst simultaneously offering outstanding customer service.
We’re not quite ready to move yet so for the beginning of your employment you will need to be willing to work out of Tonbridge, but don’t worry about the extra expense of travelling there, as we will be compensating for the mileage costs between the sites until the move is complete. Once we have moved to the new site you will be able to enjoy an enhanced (amazing) annual leave package, there really isn’t one quite like it which could ultimately mean you only work 4 days a week; throw on top a subsidised café providing breakfast, as well as of course a competitive salary exceeding the Living Wage…what are you waiting for, apply now!
You’ll be working between 3am-12pm, working 5 days out of 7 days– so weekend availability is needed.
Reporting to our Transport Manager, you will ensure the smooth operation of our day shift. Modelling best practice and supporting and developing drivers, whilst managing an organised and cohesive team. Proactive approach to problem solving, to mitigate disruption to our customers, and maintain team morale. Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all drivers have the correct and relevant paperwork
• Demonstrating best practice adherence to procedure
• Provide guidance and support to all drivers
• Deal with general queries from both customers and drivers on the road
• Manage drivers and ensure deliveries are made with excellent customer service, abiding traffic laws etc.
• Liaising between drivers and the office, re-directing routes and mitigating disruption
• Conducting interviews and supporting recruitment needs
• Overseeing performance and probation reviews
• Monitor and complete absence procedures in line with company policies
• Supporting the drivers, completing deliveries when operationally needed
• Natural leader, with proven experience managing a team in a Transport/Logistics role
• Effective communicator across all levels and departments
• Positive and proactive approach, motivating the team to success
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to manage and delegate changing workloads
• Problem solver, working well under pressure and responds to change
• Computer literate – familiar with Microsoft Packages
• Full valid UK Driving Licence
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of up to £32,000
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• Free parking permit for Town Centre location
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent Staff Purchase Scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to improve your experience and to remember settings. The law requires that your consent is given for any cookies that are not strictly necessary for the operation of this website.
Necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of this website.
Other cookies not strictly necessary for the operation of this website