Do you have strong leadership skills and experience in Transport?
Albion Fine Foods is a fast-growing wholesaler supplying some of the finest chefs across London & the South-East with ambient, chilled, and frozen produce. Our people make our business, and we are experiencing significant growth; it’s an exciting time for like-minded individuals to join the Albion team who work hard, help each other out and have some fun along the way.
We are looking for an experienced Transport Supervisor to work alongside the Transport team, ensuring the safe and efficient day to day running of the busy department and to certify that all drivers are following our daily processes. Our Transport team consists of the Transport Manager, 4 Transport Supervisors and 80 drivers, it’s a busy team and it just keeps growing!
You’ll be working between 3am-12pm, working 5 days out of 7 days– so weekend availability is needed.
Reporting to our Transport Manager, you will ensure the smooth operation of our day shift. Modelling best practice and supporting and developing drivers, whilst managing an organised and cohesive team. Proactive approach to problem solving, to mitigate disruption to our customers, and maintain team morale. Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all drivers have the correct and relevant paperwork
• Demonstrating best practice adherence to procedure
• Provide guidance and support to all drivers
• Deal with general queries from both customers and drivers on the road
• Manage drivers and ensure deliveries are made with excellent customer service, abiding traffic laws etc.
• Liaising between drivers and the office, re-directing routes and mitigating disruption
• Conducting interviews and supporting recruitment needs
• Overseeing performance and probation reviews
• Monitor and complete absence procedures in line with company policies
• Supporting the drivers, completing deliveries when operationally needed
• Natural leader, with proven experience managing a team in a Transport/Logistics role
• Effective communicator across all levels and departments
• Positive and proactive approach, motivating the team to success
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to manage and delegate changing workloads
• Problem solver, working well under pressure and responds to change
• Computer literate – familiar with Microsoft Packages
• Full valid UK Driving Licence
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of up to £32,000
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• Free parking permit for Town Centre location
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
Our Mission is to provide chefs with a great service and great produce, with less hassle
Our Produce of over 4000 products and an ever-expanding range
Our Fleet of 50+ 3.5T and 7.5T refrigerated vehicles, with more on the way!