Who we are and why work for Albion
Albion is a fast-growing food wholesaler supplying fresh, frozen and ambient produce to some of the finest chefs across London and the South East. We have a customer base of over 2,000 and a product range of over 4,000, and these numbers are only going to continue growing!
We’re heading for bigger and better things at our brand-new site at Crossways, Dartford. You’ll be able to enjoy a great work-life balance, competitive salary, subsidised café, employee discounts and plenty of opportunities to develop and learn.
We deliver 7 days a week, so drivers will be expected to offer weekend availability. Typically, this will include working 2/3 Saturdays, and 1/3 Sundays.
Work life balance is important to us here at Albion and we want you to spend more time at home with your family or doing the things you enjoy, so in addition to 30 days holiday you will also get an additional 22 days off a year worked into your rota - meaning you will work just 208 days in a year, but still earn a full-time salary. Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it, but it’s not!
Key details about the role
Hours: 40 hours per week, early starts – weekend availability required
Location: Dartford, DA2 6QB
Salary: Up to £27,199pa
The role and what we’re looking for
As an Albion Multi-drop Delivery Driver, you will be delivering to a handful of our 2000+ customers across London and the South East, including pubs, restaurants, hotels, schools, and businesses. We deliver to our customers 7 days a week, supplying ambient, chilled, and frozen goods. Your role is vital in ensuring they get everything they need to succeed!
Reporting to our Transport Manager, you will be responsible for delivering high quality products to the customer safely, efficiently and with exceptional customer service. Our aim is to give drivers a regular specific round, so you can get to know our customers. We do ask for a degree of flexibility to cover other rounds when needed, to support our colleagues.
Working 5 days a week, starting your day between 3.30am-6.30am, depending on which round your allocated. You’ll begin by carrying out a vehicle check before setting off with a 3.5T refrigerated van that’s been pre-loaded for you by our night shift; our aim is to get you out on the road before any rush hour traffic begins and once all your deliveries are complete and you return to the depot, normally your working day is finished.
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get their deliveries as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Completing vehicle checks and reporting defects to the fleet controller
• Ensuring your vehicle is clean, tidy, and fuelled up ready for the following day
• Helping the customer unload their order, providing a loyal and helpful service
• Collecting orders from customers and suppliers as needed by the Purchasing team
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed and signed upon delivery
• Good geographical knowledge of and be confident driving in and around London, Greater London and the South East
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for delivering great customer service
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, as well as being self-motivated and happy to help others
• A full and valid driving licence