Albion Fine Foods is a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East. We deliver to our customers 7 days a week, supplying ambient, chilled and frozen goods to over 2000 pubs, restaurants, hotels and businesses.
Our Mission – to provide chefs with a great service, great produce and less hassle
Our Produce – over 4,000 products and an ever expanding range
Our Fleet – 50+ fleet of 3.5T and 7.5T refreigerated vehicles, with more on the way!
It’s a busy time for the hospitality industry, Covid restrictions have lifted and Christmas is just around the corner. This means we need extra team members to support the busy operation of the business. We understand the world of work has changed drastically over the last 18 months, with a work-life balance being even more important and making work fit around family commitments rather than vice versa, that’s why we’re not only looking for full time staff; we will happily consider flexible working arrangements for everyone.
A recent employee survey has told us that our people are the best thing about working at Albion:
"I have been with Albion from the start and the close network and friendly atmosphere makes it a great place to work"
Do you want to be part of an amazing team of like-minded people?
In this role you’ll be delivering to pubs, restaurants, hotels, schools and businesses in and around London and the South East, most drivers have their own dedicated route with no more than on average 25 drops. Your day will start anywhere between 3.30am-6am depending on which route you’re allocated, starting your day with a vehicle check before setting off from our main depot in Tonbridge with a 3.5T refrigerated van that’s been loaded for you by our team of night staff; our aim is to get you on the road before any rush hour traffic starts and once your deliveries are complete and you return to the depot, your working day is done.
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensuring our customers get their deliveries as well as the best possible service. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing vehicle checks and reporting defects to the fleet controller
- Ensuring your vehicle is clean, tidy and fuelled up ready for the following day
- Help the customer unload their order, providing a loyal and helpful service
- Collecting orders from customers and suppliers as needed by the Purchasing team
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed and signed on delivery
Requirements for this role
- Good geographical knowledge and be confident driving in and around London, Greater London and the South East
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, as well as being self motivated and happy to help others
- A full and valid driving licence
In return you will receive
- A salary up to £25,147 including monthly bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Free parking permit
- Free uniform
- Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular social events
Click here to APPLY NOW