Our Warehouse Supervisors are key roles here at Albion Fine Foods, working alongside our Night Shift Manager to ensure the efficient running of the night operation in our Tonbridge warehouse. Leading a team of pickers and loaders, who are busy throughout the night processing orders, preparing and loading our vehicles - it will be your job to ensure they are ready to be collected by our drivers in the morning.
You'll be working 40 hours a week, between 10pm-6.30am, and as we operate 24/7 there will be weekend work involved.
Working with our Night Shift Manager, your support will provide strong people management to all front-line staff on your shift, supervising a team across our busy night shifts to ensure we can meet and exceed every customer’s expectation. We are a service led business, growing in what is currently a difficult industry, but we are determined to lay the foundations to continue our growth plan!
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our teams can deliver the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising a team of up to 20, providing leadership and direction for the shift
• Work with the business’ senior leadership team to develop every individual to perform to the best of their ability
• Communicate effectively and work as part of a team under pressure
• Training and developing individuals to ensure targets are consistently met
• Ensure compliance with all site rules and regulations e.g. Health & Safety
• Experience of leading and managing a team
• Able to work independently, and use initiative
• Works well under pressure and strict deadlines
• Computer literate
• Good communicator across all levels
• Flexible approach to work, in order to meet business needs
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of £30,000-32,000 per year
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• Free parking permit for town centre location
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
• Our Mission – to provide chefs with great service, great produce and less hassle
• Our Produce – we have over 4,000 products and a range that is always growing. We stock; dairy, frozen, dry goods chilled non-food and some quirky specialist items too
• Our Fleet – We don’t use agency drivers so our clients will see the same regular faces doing the deliveries daily and we always aim to deliver at a time convenient to them.