We are recruiting for Warehouse Operatives to join our afternoon/evening team. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and your job will be to ensure the shelves in the warehouse are fully stocked, ready for the night team to pick the orders. It is a physically demanding role, where teamwork is vital. We use a combination of counterbalance and flexi forklift, but experience isn’t necessary as training will be provided!
You’ll be working 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, 1pm-10pm – including some weekend availability.
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get the right orders, as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Deal with incoming goods and ensure our warehouse is ready for our night crew to pick and load the orders.
• Lifting and shifting stock in both the warehouse and freezer (PPE for freezer work is provided)
• Moving stock around, stacking shelves, and general warehouse duties
• A very active, fast paced role which can be physically demanding
• We use a combination of counterbalance and flexi forklifts; we are happy to train and license new starters if you do not have forklift experience
• Be a great team player who works hard to ensure we hit targets and achieve results
• Good communication and listening skills
• Great team player who works hard, to ensure we hit targets and achieve results
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of £24,028
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• 24hr support from our dedicated operations team
• Free parking
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
• Our Mission – to provide chefs with great service, great produce and less hassle
• Our Produce – we have over 4,000 products and a range that is always growing. We stock; dairy, frozen, dry goods chilled non-food and some quirky specialist items too
• Our Fleet – We don’t use agency drivers so our clients will see the same regular faces doing the deliveries daily and we always aim to deliver at a time convenient to them.