Are you looking for a driving job with set days each week, without the early morning starts?
As an Albion Drop-back Driver, you will be delivering to a handful of our 2000+ customers across London - including pubs, restaurants, hotels, schools and businesses. We deliver to our customers 7 days a week, supplying ambient, chilled and frozen goods. Your role is vital in ensuring they get everything they need to succeed!
You’ll be working 5 days a week, alternating between Monday-Friday and Tuesday-Saturday – 40 hours a week, starting between 9am-10am.
Currently based across 3 sites in Tonbridge, we’ve outgrown all three of our warehouses so we will be moving to a newly built site in Dartford come Spring 2023. If successful you will be required to work initially in Tonbridge and move to Dartford with us when the time comes.
Your role will be to do a second run of deliveries to our customers (usually 1-6 drops per day). You’ll begin by carrying out a vehicle check before setting off from our main depot in Tonbridge, with a 3.5T refrigerated van that’s been pre-loaded for you – delivering fresh, frozen and ambient temperature products to some of the finest chefs in London.This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get their deliveries as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing vehicle checks and reporting defects to the fleet controller
- Ensuring your vehicle is clean, tidy and fuelled up ready for the following day
- Helping the customer unload their order, providing a loyal and helpful service
- Collecting orders from customers and suppliers as needed by the Purchasing team
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed and signed upon delivery
In return you will receive
- A competitive salary of up to £26,153 (including monthly bonus)
- 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Free parking permit for town centre location
- Free uniform provided
- Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
- Our Mission is to provide chefs with a great service and great produce, with less hassle
- Our Produce of over 4000 products and an ever-expanding range
- Our Fleet of 50+ 3.5T and 7.5T refrigerated vehicles, with more on the way!