About the role
As an Albion Drivers Mate you will be contributing our transport operation. Delivering to a handful of our 2000+ customers across London and the South East, including pubs, restaurants, hotels, schools and businesses. We deliver to our customers 7 days a week, supplying ambient, chilled and frozen goods. Your role is vital in ensuring they get everything they need to succeed!
We are continuously growing as a company, and due to the increasing numbers of deliveries and routes we are now generating – we are looking for a Drivers Mate to assist the drivers on our busiest routes.
Working alongside our Delivery Drivers, you will provide excellent customer service to our customers and ensure that they get the right orders in an efficient manner. You’ll be working 5 days a week, Monday- Saturday (With one day off during the week).
Starting your day at 4am, you will begin your hands-on role, delivering crates of produce and ambient stock to our customers. You will also be responsible for assisting our drivers in completing delivery notes and paperwork.
This role is essential to the smooth running of the business and ensures our customers get their deliveries as well as the best possible service! Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring your vehicle is clean and tidy, ready for the following day
• Helping the customer unload their order, providing a loyal and helpful service
• Assisting the driver with completing all necessary paperwork, and goods are signed for upon delivery
• Working as part of a team to ensure the efficient delivery to our customers
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for delivering great customer service
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, as well as being self-motivated and happy to help others
• This is a hands-on role, with some heavy lifting required
In return you will receive
• A competitive salary of £20,956 (Plus up to £150 bonus)
• 26 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
• Free parking
• Free uniform provided
• Excellent staff purchase scheme across our range of stock
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Regular social events
We are a fast-growing fine food wholesaler supplying many of the finest chefs throughout London and the South East, chances are if you eat out you’ve eaten products supplied by us! Our people make our business, this is an excellent opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals, who help each other out and have some fun along the way!
Our Mission is to provide chefs with a great service and great produce, with less hassle
Our Produce of over 4000 products and an ever-expanding range
Our Fleet of 50+ 3.5T and 7.5T refrigerated vehicles, with more on the way!